The info session is open to all U-M students, all campuses!
The Michigan Daily is currently hiring new staffers for the winter semester.
The Michigan Daily is the student run newspaper at the University of Michigan. Within The Daily there are 14 sections. Almost all of our sections are hiring and for more information please visit the Join Michigan Daily website. https://join.michigandaily.com/
The Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS) and the Donia Human Rights Center (DHRC) in partnership with the Brazil Initiative at the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACS) seeks applicants for one fellowship supporting a summer internship at Clínica de Trabalho Escravo e Tráfico de Pessoas (Slave Labor and Human Trafficking Clinic) in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil at Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG) School of Law. The awarded fellow is expected to spend 4-8 weeks in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil, between May and August 2023, working with Judge Carlos Henrique Haddad, federal judge in Brazil and professor of law at UFMG. The goal of the Fellowship is to support an accomplished University of Michigan undergraduate or graduate student with demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in human rights or Brazilian or Latin American Studies. Applications will be evaluated on the quality of the statement of purpose, the applicant’s record of achievement, and the fit for the internship position with Clínica de Trabalho Escravo e Tráfico de Pessoas in Brazil. For more information and position description please click here.
Students are invited to apply on MCompass. Application deadline is Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
The University of Michigan Concussion Center is seeking a hard-working, motivated student to support our mission of promoting concussion awareness among a broad array of stakeholders. The student intern will assist the team in developing social media content and marketing materials that can be used to expand the Concussion Center’s reach. The student will be given the opportunity to enhance and apply their foundational knowledge of social media marketing conceptual frameworks by providing real-world experience in the managerial practices of content generation and marketing for a U-M center.
More information and application material can be found here.
Are you passionate about messaging, love to word-smith, create inspirational images, and willing to offer a wide-range of ideas related to graphic design and social media support? If so, please submit a statement of interest and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a position working with a startup organization that’s seeking assistance on the following:
Create social media and website imagery
Offer support for visual messaging on a range of graphic design, marketing, website, and social media areas
Priority consideration will be given to those who submit interest and materials by Friday, Jan. 20; however, materials will be accepted through 5pm on Fri., Jan. 27. Please email Heather Klein, email@example.com, for any questions
UMich Effective Altruism is excited to announce our Intro Seminar, a semester-long seminar program for students who want to make the world a better place. You’ll discuss problems like global poverty, factory farming, and risks from emerging technologies, as well as promising strategies for working on them. Along the way, you’ll consider ideas from the effective altruism movement and criticisms of these ideas, with the goal of developing your own informed opinions and beliefs about the best ways to help. Apply by Wednesday, January 18th!
‘A New McCarthyism? Academic Freedom and Palestine’
|Calling College Undergrads who are in a college degree program at an accredited college/university with a GPA of 3.2 or higher and who will be a junior or senior in the fall of 2023.|
Apply for the paid Peter Roth Internship Program at the Paley Center: an awesome opportunity for 20 talented undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds who are interested in a career in the television industry.
The deadline to apply is Monday, January 16, 2023, at 5:00 pm ET.
Big Mission, Bright Future
The Cool Down is America’s first mainstream climate brand, connecting people from all walks of life to a cleaner, cooler future.
The TCD intern program is the climate world’s first mainstream talent incubator, training the next generation of communicators to meet audiences where they are with relatable content that drives meaningful change.
How It Works
As a TCD intern, you’ll work closely with our team of content and commerce experts in a role of your choosing. We’re currently seeking talented candidates to specialize in visual media editing, social ecommerce coordination, and sustainable product research — and we welcome applications from all interested parties via the form below.
TCD is an all-remote company with team members from coast to coast and a culture of flexibility and inclusivity. Interns enjoy broad leeway in defining the details of their 15-hour weekly commitments, so you can rest assured that whatever works for your schedule will work for ours too.
Why It Matters
Now more than ever before, climate coverage speaks to unprecedented challenges and unprecedented opportunities. Informing and empowering mainstream Americans is an essential driver of American progress, and The Cool Down was founded to be part of the solution.
We’re here because we care about the future of the planet and we believe in the power of storytelling to change the world. You’re here because you feel the same way and believe the same thing — and we hope you’ll let us help you develop the skills you’ll need to make it come true.
Communications Post-Graduate Internship
Reports to: Director of Communications
Apply by: December 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST
The communications intern will assist in the implementation of an overall communications and marketing strategy for the organization and specific programs.
- Assist in developing, updating and implementing marketing plans for programs and services, including but not limited to the annual conference, awards programs and training events. Plans should take into account marketing before, during and after each program.
- Manage social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram), including daily engagement with respective communities.
- Create and distribute weekly e-newsletter, SPJ Leads.
- Help keep board and staff current on news related to the Society’s missions and goals.
- Work with board and staff, including the director of communications, to create and distribute Society news releases, statements, letters and announcements.
- Assist other staff members in promoting SPJ programs and services.
- Manage on-site social media coverage of SPJ’s events, including but not limited to the annual convention and the Future Leaders Academy.
- Update and maintain media lists.
- In the absence of the director of communications, manage media inquiries, organize interviews and appearances by leaders, the executive director and other experts when necessary.
- Assist in posting content to SPJ.org.
- Provide editorial content for all communications vehicles, including website, Quill magazine and other materials as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of communications or executive director.
- Must be a recent college graduate, with a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Writing and/or reporting experience required, including proficiency in AP Style.
- Should be able to manage multiple tasks, remain organized and meet deadlines.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and research skills are necessary.
- Should be able to express ideas and opinions clearly and concisely.
- Should be outgoing and self confident with a willingness to take initiative and work cooperatively with others.
- Proficient computer skills and extensive social media experience required.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude are a must.
- Experience with nonprofits
- Experience and/or involvement with SPJ
- Experience managing social media accounts and using social media scheduling software
- Experience writing and sending marketing emails and distributing press releases
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume, additional materials and three professional references to Zoë Berg (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please type “Communications Post-Graduate Internship” in the subject line.