at Golin (View all jobs) Chicago, Illinois, United States
Are you fascinated by the way culture moves? Are you ready to influence the headlines, create the news of tomorrow and then show the world what’s next? Join us at Golin.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin, and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable. Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare, technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Our paid, full-time internship runs from June through December and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. The internship is a rotational program that aims to give you varied experience in PR with exposure to different practice areas and skillsets. You’ll be an active team member within our core practice groups – corporate communications, consumer, digital – as well as specialty practices within Golin.
What are you waiting for? Our internship begins Monday, June 14, 2021 and concludes Friday, December 17, 2021. Check out the requirements below and apply today.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Working in a collaborative G4 Model environment with account management, creative, analytics, strategic planning, traditional media, and digital experts
- Beginning to forge strong relationships with key business and trade media/media contacts by conducting media outreach
- Crafting media pitches, building media lists and calendars
- Learning and working with Golin’s tools to identify social media influencers
- Researching and managing influencer campaigns as well as end-to-end influencer partnerships, from contracts to execution
- Monitoring relevant news for stories and client mentions and drafting weekly monitoring reports
- Drafting social media content, blog posts, editorial calendars, and client materials
- Identify real-time opportunities, monitor issues and trends, and work with your team to creatively engage with those opportunities
- Conducting and summarizing topic- or industry-specific research to inform public relations activities
- A champion of diverse talent who proactively cultivates an inclusive culture and uses cultural competence to drive agency and client’s business forward
- A news junkie, social media and/or pop-culture savvy with a passion for traditional/social media, trends, and influencer relations
- Passionate about the Communications/PR industry
- A sponge who is eager to learn and grow
- A self-starter
- A team-player
- You must be a college graduate or have obtained your degree by June 2021.
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Submit the below. *If you do not follow all directions, your application will not be considered. *
- Your resume and responses to the questions listed below, all combined into a single PDF document. Your answers should be no more than 200 words.
- Saved as: “Last Name, First Name.pdf”
- Submitted directly to our careers page posting by EOD Sunday, March 28, 2021.
- What’s something brave you’d like to see a brand do? Why? Is there a topic of challenge you feel a specific brand could/should address?
- Al Golin used to say, “Fix it before it breaks,” What does this quote mean to you? How would you apply it in your day-to-day at Golin?