Ending multidimensional poverty in Northern Nigeria with evidence-based solutions
About Taimaka’s Social Media/Marketing Internship:
Beginning in the spring of 2022, the Taimaka Project will pilot a Community Management of Malnutrition (CMAM) program in partnership with a state government in Northeastern Nigeria to treat 2,700 children experiencing moderate and severe acute malnutrition. We are really excited about this program and its potential to save the lives of over 50 children in 2022 alone. But we need help. We want to communicate more consistently and purposefully about our program through social media, our website, and other marketing and fundraising materials (e.g., pitch decks and brochures). In the past, our materials have gone in front of Elon Musk’s personal philanthropic advisor, USAID, and other high profile donors, and we’d love for you to contribute by helping us develop a more comprehensive social media and marketing strategy.
This internship would entail 8-10 hours of work per week with flexible work hours and end date. You would be working directly with our Fundraising Lead, Parth Ahya, and would have the opportunity to shape our entire external communications strategy. While this internship is unpaid, we are open to working with you to help you obtain credit through your university.
Your skills would support us towards our ultimate goal: saving the lives of hundreds of acutely malnourished children in Nigeria.
- Leading Taimaka’s social media presence across platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Contributing to Taimaka’s fundraising materials like brochures and pitch decks
- Developing a comprehensive social media and marketing strategy for Taimaka
- Working on discrete fundraising tasks like organizing events, overseeing donation campaigns, etc.
- Your responsibilities will be tailored to your individual skills and interests
Skills We Are Seeking:
- Interest in working with a nonprofit organization
- Prior experience or skill with:
- Social Media Management & Strategy
- Written Communication for Fundraising/Marketing
How to Apply:
To apply to join our team, please email email@example.com with your resume and a brief (500 word) statement of interest that highlights your relevant skills and why running social media or marketing for a
malnutrition nonprofit appeals to you. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Taimaka Project is a joint US-Nigerian NGO focused on cost-effectively saving and improving lives by tackling seasonal hunger and malnutrition in northern Nigeria. Since 2019, we have delivered
$152,000 in post-harvest loans in Nigeria, generating over $50,000 in additional income for 1,000 families. Our evidence-based operational approach and success as an early-stage charity has resulted in backing from high-profile funders, including USAID, and won us international recognition for our innovative programming. Find out more at our website: taimaka.org.
- Parth Ahya: BA Oxford; researcher for Government of India; strategy for UChicago Development Innovation Lab; advised former Google CEO, Eric Schmidt, on $1bn commitment to support global talent
- Dr. Abubakar Umar: MBBS University of Maiduguri; 10+ years of clinical experience managing cases of acute malnutrition in Gombe
- Justin Graham: BA PPE, Oxford; MA, Georgetown University; former: US DoD development analyst, machine learning researcher at the Center for Strategic and International Studies