The Department of Communication and Media Undergraduate Fellows Program is designed to support and stimulate undergraduate students’ interest in the field of communication and Media. The Fellows Program welcomes any qualified incoming juniors or seniors interested in cultivating the newly created Communication and Media Fellows community, and committed to becoming an active member of the department. This year’s accepted applicants, as founding Fellows will shape what the program looks like for years to come.
Acting as department ambassadors, Fellows will undertake a variety of tasks, all of which promote Communication and Media. Highlights include engagement with distinguished alumni, volunteering for a celebration for newly declared COMM and Media majors, planning an academic symposium and representing the department to the campus community.
- Recognition from the department in publications and on department website
- Mentorship from faculty
- Individual meetings with special guests and speakers
- Competitive advantages for departmental funding opportunities
- Opportunity to organize annual academic symposium
- Membership in exclusive community of undergraduates committed to Communication and Media
- Fellow must attend event planning meetings throughout the year
- Fellows must take active roles in organizing the annual symposium
- As ambassadors, must volunteer for public Communication and Media events
- Must be declared juniors or seniors
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in becoming a fellow, please complete the online application by April 7th. You will be asked to submit a statement of purpose in the online form and your resume as an attachment by email.
- Fill out the online form, which includes the Statement of Purpose (Statement of Purpose: no more than 300 words explaining why you are a good candidate for the Undergraduate Fellows Program).
- Resume: please include anticipated graduation date in your resume. Send resume as pdf to email@example.com, subject line FELLOWS APPLICATION and include first and last name.
For questions or additional information, please contact: Fatima Al-zeheri, Program Coordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org