Applications Now Open
A2EF Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Internship Program
Paid internship opportunities with 14 leading startup companies and venture capital firms
Are you interested in gaining entrepreneurial experience while in school? Would you like to work for a startup company or venture capital firm?
We invite you to APPLY for a part-time, paid internship where you will have the chance to interview and work for one of 14 leading startup companies and venture capital firms in Washtenaw County. These local leaders share a commitment to strengthening our community with a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. One of the ways they are doing this is by offering opportunities to underrepresented students. Startup leaders will also participate in DE&I training and ongoing conversations with local experts to better improve their internal and external processes and impact.
Who Should Apply?
To apply, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Open to individuals of color, individuals from underrepresented groups or PELL Grant eligible students
- Students must be 18 years old by the start of the internship employment (February 1, 2021)
- Currently enrolled and in good standing with a Washtenaw County or surrounding area college/university
- Reside in Washtenaw County or the surrounding area
- Commitment to showing up for remote work (working and available during the agreed upon days/hours with employer virtually) and participating in peer groups and mentorship through the full duration of the program (2-6 months* varies by company)
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation
- Answer the questions: Why are you interested in working for a startup company or venture capital investment firm? What do you hope to achieve by participating in this internship program? (no more than 300 words)